National Public Radio Internship
The Fall of 2020 I worked as the Animation & Motion Graphics Intern for NPR. I worked closely with the NPR video team on a variety of projects for programs such as Planet Money, Code Switch, and Jazz Night in America. My work varied from ideation, story-boarding, motion graphics work, editorial illustration, and animation. My work was made to facilitate education and tell stories using journalistic and design methods.
Role: Assistant Animator for Is It Time To Say R.I.P. to P.O.C.?
- Code Switch’s explainer discusses the morphing meaning of the terms “POC” and “BIPOC” with insights from writers, academics, and NPR listeners.
- Assisted in ideation for visual concept and hand-drawn assets
- Lower thirds (Begins at 0:04)
- Title treatment (0:10-0:37)
Role: Animator for Planet Money TikTok
- Created weekly animated TikToks derived from Planet Money episodes on the economy
- Several TikToks were featured on the main NPR account’s Instagram Story and Story Highlights
- Average 44,000 views per TikTok
- Responsible for scripting, editing, voice-over, and animation for each piece
Role: Text Graphics for Saint Coltrane: The Church Built On A Love Supreme
- Jazz Night in America’s 2021 documentary Saint Coltrane: The Church Built On A Love Supreme Jazz explores the history of the San Francisco Coltrane Church, devoted to jazz giant John Coltrane.
- Created text treatment for lower thirds and chapter titles
Editorial Illustration for NPR
During the 2020 Election season, I was asked to create an illustration for a call-out asking readers to send a note across the political divide.